Honda Monkey celebrates 60th anniversary. Many had hoped to see significant updates to the model 2021, but this did not happen. On the other hand, Honda Monkey has a Mature design, which probably does not require changes or improvements as a hallmark of the model is a retro-style compact and ergonomic.
The latest generation of Honda Monkey continue to complete single-cylinder overhead valve engine with electronic injection and air cooling. The same motor is placed on the Grom and Super Cub.
The first Monkey was released in 1961. He manned a 50-CC engine and had no suspension at all. It was originally made for amusement Park Tama Tech a Honda in Japan. In the end, Honda Monkey became popular in Japan, Europe and the United States. In 1968 Z50A K0 debuted in the United States.
Specification Honda Monkey 60th Anniversary 2021:
- engine: horizontal, four-stroke, 125 CC (52.4 x 57.9 mm), compression ratio 9.3:1, power supply system EFI, air cooled, SOHC
- box: 4 speed
- starter: electric
- clutch: multiplate, wet
- main gear: chain
- front suspension: 31 mm inverted fork, non-adjustable
- rear suspension: shock absorbers, non-adjustable
- tires: Vee Rubber 120/80 and 130/80 x 12 x 12
- brake: disk 220 / 190 mm, Nissin calipers
- weight: 105 kg
- tank: 6.9 liters
- price MSRP: from 3999 dollars