Near the metro station “Vydubychi” is already running in test mode one of the Parking lots.
In Kiev, near the six metro stations will be equipped with Park and ride facilities. Near the station “Vydubychi” one of these Parking lots is already running in trial operation.
This was reported in the press service of Kyiv city state administration.
All Park and ride facilities will be installed at the entrances to the capital in five areas:
- Irpen direction – near the metro station “Akademgorodok”;
- Zhitomir area – near the metro station “Svyatoshin”;
- Odessa direction – near the metro station “Vydubychi” and “Racecourse”;
- Boryspil direction – near the metro station “Red farm”;
- Gostomel direction – near the metro station “Syrets”.
In General, these Parking lots can accommodate 988 cars.
As noted in the KSCA, the Parking lot will allow drivers to leave their car at the site and continue by public transport.
“Because of this, we will unload the Central part of the city from private vehicles and reduce traffic in the capital”, – said the Director of Department of transport infrastructure Valentin Osipov.
Now Parking for “Vydubychi” is free of charge. It can accommodate up to 193 cars.