KTM and Bajaj are working on a new electric platform called EMotion. If we dig deeper, we are involved in the project KTM and 11 partners. Development started in March 2020!
Some of the partners:
- AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
- KTM Technologies GmbH
- Kiska GmbH
- KTM AG
- WIVW W?rzburger Institut f?r Verkehrswissenschaften GmbH
- Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
- FH Upper Austria Research and Development GmbH
- Numerica GmbH & Co KG, Graz University of Technology (Institute for Durability and Rail Vehicle Technology)
- Daxner & Merl GmbH and Kobleder GmbH
The project is expected to take 36 months and will require a 6.3 million Euro investment. The ultimate goal is to develop modular design that is easy and productive. After the development of a planned eight months of testing, and then KTM will have to decide and determine the models that will be released on the market.
Ultimately, KTM want to create a universal platform to cover a larger range of potential customers both in urban and rural areas.