Hybrid Qashqai is already on the road

Hybrid Qashqai is already on the road

FineAuto

Nissan unveiled the all-new Qashqai in February this year and the crossover is now on sale in the Old Continent. The European sibling Rogue Sport is available with a single engine, a mild hybrid 1.3-liter turbocharged unit with 138 horsepower and 240 Nm or 156 hp. and 260 Nm. A new electrified variant will be added to the range very soon and Nissan is currently finalizing work on it.

The prototype hybrid version of the Qashqai e-Power received a 1.5-liter gasoline engine paired with an electric motor with a total output of 187 hp. and 330 Nm. It is worth noting that in this setup, the combustion engine acts as a generator and only provides power to the electric motors. Under no circumstances will the four-cylinder unit drive the wheels directly.

As these new spy photos show, there shouldn’t be any visual differences between the e-Power model and the rest of the lineup. Even the slight disguise that this prototype has is practically unnecessary because we know almost 99.99% of this crossover’s design. The remaining 00.01 percent is for new trunk lid badges.

The automaker promises that the Qashqai e-Power will have one-pedal driving capability, which we already know from the all-electric Nissan Leaf.

The new electrified version of the Qashqai is part of the brand’s new strategy to produce at least 23 electrified models by 2030. It should debut by the middle of next year, with sales expected to begin in the third quarter of the year.

Add your comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *