A division of Classic Jaguar specializing in the restoration and repair of classic models of the British brand, has resumed production of cylinder blocks for engines of the series XK, which put on popular in the 1950-1960-ies of the D-Type and E-Type. Item is offered as a factory replacement for original blocks, that is, has a certificate of conformity and warranty.
Radnoy “six” Jaguar XK dual overhead camshafts produced from 1949 to 1992. The first such unit was given a XK120 Roadster: its volume was 3.4 liters, and power ranged from 162 to 253 horsepower. Later appeared other versions with capacity from 2.4 to 4.2 liters. The engines have a cast iron cylinder block (for racing engines used aluminum), steel crankshaft, two or three carburetors and a torsional vibration damper.
Now Jaguar Classic resumed the casting blocks for the 3.8-liter version of the six family XK. This engine put in the model XK150, XK150 S, MkIX, Mk2, MkX, E-type Series 1 and the S-type until 1968.
Modern unit offers as a substitute of the original and is fully compliant with the initial specifications. Price – 14 340 pounds including VAT.
Earlier Classic Jaguar released the original tools for the model E-Type. Authentic kit, required for maintenance of the legendary car has been on sale prior to the completion of the production of Series 2 in 1971.
Now they will once again be available at the official dealers of Jaguar and an online store at a price of 732 pounds sterling.