Lotus started tests of the first crossover

FineAuto
Lotus started tests of the first crossover

The first in the history of the brand Lotus, the crossover will get a hybrid power unit with possibility of recharge of batteries from a household outlet.

Lotus company started road testing of the first crossover in its history. Spy photos of camouflaged prototype spotted near the headquarters of the British brand in Hatale, published edition of Motor1.

The images show the so-called “mule”, under body of the Chinese SUV brand Lynk & Co (she, like Lotus, Geely owns) hidden nodes and aggregates news. This from the “Chinese” the prototype test has wider track, and non-pipe exhaust system.

This may indicate that the Lotus crossover will get a hybrid unit with the possibility of recharging the batteries from a household outlet and can travel exclusively on electricity.

Recall that British sports car manufacturer Lotus under the control of the Chinese company Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, which also owns Swedish brand Volvo. Company from China bought from Malaysian company Proton 51% of shares of “Lotus”. The remaining 49% belong to the group Etika Automotive.