Due to the commercial success of a new generation of PEUGEOT Expert – since launching models of already implemented more than 195 thousand units – the Brand has full confidence in the success of further expanding the lineup with the help of exclusive versions: van electric PEUGEOT e-Expert. Comfortable in any situation and for any work, with the big useful volume of the cargo compartment, numerous technologies for safety and convenience in daily life, with a recognizable style and strict design – new van PEUGEOT e-Expert offers all the key features of the model Expert, adding electric: no environmental trade-offs and no exhaust!
New PEUGEOT e-Expert is a perfect example of the power of electricity and design flexibility:
- two batteries, two power reserve is a maximum of 330 km (WLTP);
- three options for the length of the body on the choice of the buyer;
- the carrying capacity of 1 275 kg, the ability to tow a trailer of up to 1,000 kg;
- useful volume and payload are identical to the versions with internal combustion engines.
Elektro-evolution of the market of commercial vehicles
The market for compact commercial vans in Europe is more than 750 thousand cars a year. And model PEUGEOT Expert is constantly increasing its market share since the launch of the new generation in 2016. Recently updated to ecological standard Euro 6d, the PEUGEOT Expert van is now available in another, most “pure” version – 100% electric PEUGEOT e-Expert.
Based on the fact that almost 80% of the commercial vans I pass on average less than 200 km a day, the choice of electric versions of the PEUGEOT Expert is obvious – minimal maintenance costs, absence of exhaust gases, free entry to restricted areas and the Central cities of Metropolitan areas. The new electric van has retained all the advantages of the model PEUGEOT Expert, including a Compact version that is ideal for tight streets and is unique to this segment.
100% electric van – new level of efficiency
The novelty is built on a versatile modular platform EMP2, which involves the use of different types of powertrains. So, van PEUGEOT e-Expert 100% electric drive, which is based on an electric motor with a maximum power of 100 kW and a torque of 260 Nm. Moreover, in addition to the nominal power, the electric motor can also offer a number of other benefits: max pull from the first turn, moving without noise and vibration, no gear shift and odors. And, of course, there are no CO2 emissions.
Electric drive similar to that used for new products PEUGEOT e-208 and SUV PEUGEOT e-2008. The main difference is a “short pair” of gear (from the motor to the drive wheels) that is made based on the high loading of the van when transporting heavy goods.
New PEUGEOT e-Expert demonstrates quite a decent speed (in POWER):
- the maximum speed of 130 km/h;
- 0-100 km/h in 13,1 s;
- passage 1000 m from the start for a 35.8 C;
- acceleration 80-120 km/h in 12.1 s.
In addition, van electric PEUGEOT e-Expert is the first PEUGEOT electric car that offers one of two batteries at the client’s option: 50 kWh 75 kWh. Depending on the size of the battery also varies with a power reserve of up to 330 km (according to the rules of a measurement cycle WLTP).
Choice drive settings adjust the intensity of the recovery
New van electric PEUGEOT e-Expert offers three driving modes, which are switched by a special selector in the cabin.
Each mode offers its own settings of operation of the electric motor:
- the “Eco” mode (the output of the electric motor 60 kW and 190 Nm) for the maximum range speed;
- “Normal” mode (the output of the electric motor 80 kW and 210 Nm) for normal daily trips;
- the mode of “Power” (the output of the electric motor 100 kW and 260 Nm) – for maximum driving dynamics and traction when the load is high.
Also there are two options of the intensity of recovery (slowing of the van with simultaneous recharging of the traction battery).
The driver can choose:
- regular moderate recovery weak deceleration, similar to the process of engine braking on cars with internal combustion engines;
- more intensive level of recovery selected by pressing the button “B” allows more intensively to slow the van and more efficiently store energy in the battery.
Instant recognition, visible differences: outside and inside
In accordance with the Brand concept power and sophistication of the new PEUGEOT e-Expert maintains muscular exterior style Expert model, but complements its distinctive design differences between the electric version. Salon electric van has also changed: used the original instrument panel, improved multimedia system and the Navigator, a fully redesigned Central console there is a switch called “e-Toggle” selector and mode choices drive. Also the electric car has been improved in the important things: for example, added automatic Parking brake and the upper storage compartments.
- “Two-tone lion” – original logo front and back, which changes its color depending on the angle of view (included in special design package “Pack Look”);
- the flap of charging port in the left front fender;
- special trim on the radiator grille;
- the designation “e-Expert” on the rear of the body.
- a modified instrument panel that allows you to control the operation of the electric motor and the charge level of the traction battery;
- original graphics for multimedia systems, flow control/energy recovery and battery status, navigation TomTom Traffic, 3D mapping points of charging an electric vehicle;
- new switch “e-Toggle” instead of the usual lever manual/automatic;
- a selector to select drive modes (“Eco”, “Normal”, “Power”);
- the activation button Parking brake.
All versions of the new PEUGEOT e-Expert is equipped with an electric Parking brake (Parking brake with electric drive and control button) innovation for this model. This feature promotes comfort and convenience in daily operation, and also provides additional space on the floor, because the traditional hand brake lever now there.
Brand PEUGEOT is confident that the new electric version of the e-Expert will be able to meet the specific requirements of the customers and will strengthen the role of the family Expert in its class.