With 31 March in Kiev runs a Shuttle service Heroes is a special service based on technology Uber Shuttle will transport employees of medical institutions. The trails in accordance with the proposal of the Ministry of infrastructure of Ukraine on the basis of the medical system HELSI.ME to help the medical workers to get to and from their places of work.
Shuttle service Heroes will be available to users with promotional codes to be distributed through the platform HELSI.ME, uniting more than 90% of doctors in Ukraine, via SMS and through the administration of the hospitals.
Users can book a Shuttle via the Uber app and Uber Shuttle. In accordance with the requirements of the quarantine has been reduced to the maximum permissible number of passengers in each pod that at least half of the seats remained free. All vehicles inside will be treated with antiseptics every three hours, as well as professionally disinfected inside and outside every day. Also Uber with the drivers, working to ensure the buses antiseptic, which can use the passengers before planting or transplanting. Passengers are advised to be in medical masks during the trip.
“To organize the transportation of workers to and from work – first the responsibility of local authorities. But it’s great when a business takes the initiative to support health workers in the present circumstances. We are grateful for the Shuttle service Heroes and hope that proper security during transportation is guaranteed”, – said Vladislav Crickley, the Minister of infrastructure of Ukraine.
“The medical employees who go to work in the current environment, are real heroes that do not need to think about the problems of transport. Last week the doctors reference hospitals in seven cities of Ukraine started a free ride with Uber as part of our joint initiative with the Ministry of health. Today starts the Shuttle Heroes to safe and comfortable transportation became available to a wider range of physicians in Kiev”, – said Georgy sokolyanskiy, head of Uber development in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
In the first phase, the routes will cover more than 100 medical facilities of Kiev, including:
- Oleksandrivska clinical hospital of Kyiv routes P2, P4, P3, P6,L4, P1
- Kyiv city clinical hospital №9 – the lines L3, L5, P3
- Kyiv city clinical hospital № 4 routes P2, L5
- National children’s specialized hospital “OKHMATDYT” – маршрутыР4, L5, L3, P6, P3, P1
- National Institute of Phthisiology and pulmonology named after. F. Yanovsky routes L5, P2, P6
- National Institute of cardiovascular surgery named after Amosov routes L5, P2, P6
- Main military clinical hospital– paths P2, P4, L4,
- Kyiv city clinical hospital of emergency medical care route L2
- KNP Kyiv city children’s clinical infectious hospital: route P3
- Kiev regional clinical hospital– the lines L5, L3, P6, P1
- Kyiv city children’s clinical hospital № 1 – the route P3
More information about the routes in the blog.
All routes will be available from Monday to Friday, from 7:00 to 21:00.
How to order a ride through Uber app and Uber Shuttle:
- Open the Uber app or Uber Shuttle (for Android)
- See the available routes from your location
- Enter your desired destination
- Select a pickup time and confirm your order
- Follow the stop instructions in the app
- During boarding, show the driver your Shuttle ticket (it is automatically generated in the app)
For a period of quarantine Shuttle Heroes will replace the Shuttle service Uber and will not be available for ordinary passengers.
Recall, from March 20, taxi service Bolt and Uber has said it is ready to carry free of charge the medical employees who go to work to help people.